|
It has been over a month since I updated photos of popcorn's nursery. I must confess that when I started thinking about the nursery, practicality and necessities were my only goals. And so I have always had the disapproving thought when friends who are parents tell me the amount they spent. And then came December... in my defense, I am after all, a shopaholic who is not required to go to work anymore...
|
|
|
The collapsible-travel playpen. This will be popcorn's temporary cot for his first 2 months as he will be rooming with mommy & daddy.
|
The inside of the playpen.
- Football soft toy from Ikea courtesy of evil saint. Football brainwashing from daddy...
- Dragon soft toy courtesy of evil drow. Fantasy world brainwashing from mommy...
- Rabbit in the hat, plays a lullaby when the rabbit is pulled out of the hat.
- Blue monkey sleeping bag from Ikea.
|
|
|
|
Lighting for the nursery, a wooden toy aeroplane.
|
Hard to resist with Christmas sales and 25% off!
|
|
|
popcorn's bath & changing trolley. The cheapest item in the nursery!
|
- This trolley used to be my steamboat/barbecue party trolley. All it needed was a little fixing up and cleaning and voila!
- Shampoo and moisturiser bottles courtesy of popcorn's grand mommy.
- Cotton balls and squares from my manicure & pedicure stocks.
- Everything else (except for the musical toy, hair brush & bath thermometer) are freebies from dr cool and pharmacies.
|
|
|
|
Dangling circus from Ikea. Hangs over the changing table to serve as a "distraction".
|
The wardrobe, diaper bin, changing table & mat, dangling circus toy and bath & changing trolley.
|
|
|
popcorn's real cot.
- My collection of Looney Tunes toys from evil saint 4 years ago. Could not find Daffy Duck...
- Blue bear sleeping bag.
- Caterpillar toy from popcorn's little cousins in flamenco land.
|
And finally, my Xmas gift from evil saint...
- Graco automatic swing with 6 different speeds.
- Portable enough to be moved around the apartment.
- Also doubles are a rocker with vibrating features.
- 4 seat and 3 reclining positions.
- Plays a variety of sounds and songs.
- MP3 plugin allows playing of personalised favourites.
|
Looking real good leh...how come our ikea does not sell sleepers nor dangly toys??? Took a while for me to find a sleeper that is warm enuf to ward off the cold...complain complain...hehe...all you need now is a rocking chair, something that i wanted but couldnt get cos my apt is soooo small...
ReplyDeleteAre you ready for the sleepless nites yet???
Eh, got not warm enough sleepers wan meh? I hope it will be warm enough, otherwise will have to turn up the heater seeing it is winter now. Yeah, I am waiting for evil saint's parents to arrive on Jan 15 so that him and his dad can go pick up my armchair (for breastfeeding!!) from Ikea. You see how I rationalise my shopping sprees these days? :D As for the sleepless nights, I think my heartburn, carpal tunnel and the fact that I cannot find a comfortable sleeping position is my first step to sleepless nights. I know it is going to be much more than that and hence, mentally, I am trying to prepare for it!!! Sleep while I can now :D
ReplyDeleteYeah lor...for some reason they are all open at the bottom or have fancy hoods that to me is another item that may suffocate the bubba...in the end got one from uk via a friend ..lol
ReplyDeleteRationing shopping sprees will become part and parcel of life..only get to spend a few hours at a time and around feed & nap times....hehe...
Btw invest in some Carter's outfits ....made from micro fleece...nice and warm for winter... And they look good too!!
Good to hear that PIL from flamenco land will be visiting...you will nd all the help you can get
I read about the fancy hood ones, like you said, not recommended in the SIDS websites. Do you want some larger sizes ones? I can get the bigger ones for you and ask my parents to bring it back to MY and you can pick it up from them. They are not too expensive here. Or if there's anything you'd like from around here.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I guess I won't have much time after and priorities will be quite different as well. My parents are also coming over so it's going to be a bit of a party. LOL! Definitely have enough people to help me out. Seeing I am a first time mom after all, I am glad to have all the help I can get!
It's ok lar got all I need for winter ...you just concentrate on shopping for yours hehe...soon that will all you will be (or making excuses for) shopping how long will your parents be there?
ReplyDeleteMy parents will be here for a month and a half. They're arriving on the 20th this month. My PIL will be here for 2 months and arriving 15th this month. How long was your mom with you?
ReplyDeleteOnly for a month...we planned for her to stay for 2mths with dad going home after a month but realized she would not be able to take care of my 2 yr old niece without dad...it was when they left when PPD almost hit cos had to do e'thing on my own as hubs only gets home at 9 or 10pm at nite...glad to say I survived hehe...
ReplyDeleteSo are you going to go with the Chinese confinement taboos ? My mom realized how impossible it was to enforce it in a different environment and gave up after arriving but had many arguments over it..hope it will be better for you
Pls send my regards to your parents & PIL
Ah... 2 year old niece? Your bro's daughter? It's been so long since I caught up with what's happening at your end!!
ReplyDeleteI think I will be like you when my parents and PIL leaves. Hubs travel a lot for work as well so I'll be having stretches of time where I will have to manage on my own. And its not going to be easy being an FTM. I hope I can get through those times.
As for confinement taboos, my mom will bring some herbs over and cook them. I'll take what I can, after all, it is out of good intentions. But I don't think my mom is too obsessed about it. In any case, I sure as hell will take a shower and wash my hair and go out within the first month :D I know what you mean about being in different environment. Mom reminded me many times to stay away when hubs is putting up the furniture. The nailing and all... but like I told her, it's just me and him here and one needs to hold the board while the other does the nailing. We don't have the luxury to practise all the pantang and confinement rules.
Yeah bro's daughter...very very cute but hyperactive LOL
ReplyDeleteGood to hear that your mom is not too hard up on confinement...having a shower and being able to wash your hair is HEAVEN...not to mention that it gives you that 5mins of much needed alone time hehehe
Definitely not easy being a FTM...happy to talk about anything and everything if you like...during those manic nights just remind yourself IT DOES GET BETTER...:)
Thanks. I think my computer will be my best friend during those manic days/nights. I'll be emailing you and the other IPPC moms for my sanity check :)
ReplyDeleteHehehe...that's what i do when breastfeeding...take care ahhh not long until bubba arrives :) remember to send pics
ReplyDeleteOh ya which reminds me, pls upload your wedding pics lar
Hahaha... my wedding pics... I will try to get around to that one! We have been trying to do an album for the last 7 months and it is still not done!!! I'll try and get the photos on my computer and then upload it for your guys to see :)
ReplyDeleteYeah... woke up last night with a stomach ache. Was wondering if it was a contraction, in the end I just needed to go to the bathroom. LOL!! How do you know if its a contraction if you have never felt one before???
Hehehe can't help you there cos mine was a c section ( she went side ways during week 36 and wouldn't turn back!!! But according to the nurses you will know wan wor... My doctor saId to time it and call when they are 10 mins apart.. But if worried just go lor... They will help you check ie dilated or not etc and you wIll feel a lot better...but guess thats easy for me to say cos my hospital is only 15mins away on foot...LOL
ReplyDeleteYeah load up the pics ahhh been waiting for a long long time...just the ones in Msia first
Uh oh...no reply....does this mark the arrival of popcorn?
ReplyDeleteAiks... no, no... popcorn's still happily hibernating inside :) Just been rather busy this week! Cleaning up the apartment for the arrival of parents, getting my final haircut, doing popcorn's laundry, taking down the Christmas tree, clearing the balcony (my dead plants!), etc.
ReplyDeleteThe mid wives in my hospital told me to just call if not sure. My hospital is 15 mins DRIVE away :) Lucky la you, can walk to hospital. Went for my final doc appointment on Thursday, if my due date comes and nothing happens still, I will go and meet the mid wives and they will check. Doc said they won't leave popcorn in more than 10 days after due date... I guess will induce then kua...
Oh ok ok haha.....was worried that you popped with no one around hehe..any thots on how you will be announcing popcorns's arrival to the gang? How long will you be staying at the hospital? Had an excellent stay at mine where they teach you how to bathe, nurse & take care of the lil one...thinking back it was the calm before the storm kekeke
ReplyDeleteI started having Braxton Hicks contractions again these last 2 days. I had them quite a bit from week 23 onwards but they stopped around week 30. Now it seems to be starting again. Other than that, it is like calm blue oceans. It gets me wondering if anything will happen at all !!
ReplyDeleteI guess I will be announcing it to the few girls who is on my BBM or What's App and ask them to spread the news. BBM and What's App will probably be the only access I get while in hospital as I doubt that I have access to wi-fi there.
The mid-wife says that I can spend a max of 4 days in the hospital but it would be more comfortable for me to rest and recuperate at home if I have help at home. So I am planning to leave the hospital as soon as I am comfortable enough. Yeah, the hospitals here teach new mothers and fathers all that stuff as well. In fact, after I give birth, while they are cleaning/sewing/fixing me up, the father will follow the mid-wife to the basin to get his first lesson at cleaning the baby.
As the mid-wife who gave me my pre-natal class said when we watched the birthing video, when the baby was put on the mothers breast, gave his first wail and we went "Awww.. so sweet...", she said "Nice huh? Sweet huh? He's not going to stop for the next 2 years...". Ahem... ok...
Hahaha...that's very true..mine still wants to feed every 3-4 hours and if you take into account comfort suckling that is a lot of time at the breast..
ReplyDeleteI brought a mobile wifi to the hospital along with my PC so was FB-ing throughout my stay...even managed to catch up on TV drama cos she slept most of the time...It started to become difficult at abt a mth and stepped up rom there LOL
Ok hope to hear the news one way or other..have not turned on my BB in yonks so much so that I forgot the password hehehe
Beat of luck with the delivery and hope to see your blog updated soon...