Monday, 3 October 2011

Biskit Canai

In my desperation for roti canai, I googled and found a simple (or so I thought) recipe for it.

And so, there I was last Saturday afternoon measuring flour, oil, salt and kneading dough. All according to what the recipe stated.

Then came the moment of truth when I pan fried the canai... my roti canai became biskit canai... it was hard... it was flaky... it was more than garing !!! Oh the dissapointment !!!! All that built up anticipation only to come crashing down right at the end !!! There cannot be anything more cruel... sighs... perhaps it was my replacement of the ghee with colza oil, perhaps it was the flour... I don't know...

I will not give up... I will persevere... I will perform a gap-analysis of this recipe with others... I will, one day, be able to make roti canai !!! I'll be back !!!


Update (Monday 3 October 2011 13:41):
  • evil saint has just eaten one biskit canai for lunch. Feedback is that the taste is quite ok, texture is the only problem. If banjir with kari then should be ok... this is how one makes a marriage a success, no matter how bad the food turns out, it is always "Ok"...

No comments:

Post a Comment